Lafferty House

​The Lafferty House is a one-and-a-half storey squared-log dwelling built circa 1929,  located at the north end of the village of Fort Simpson, close to the waterfront. It was built by the Laffertys, a proud Metis family who have been in the Fort Simpson area since 1790 and were long active in the fur trade. The house is in relatively good condition and is an excellent, original example of Metis architecture. 

 

Our Stories

Intriguing tales from Canada's Northwest Territories

9 intriguing historical sites in the heart of the Northwest Territories.

At the east tip of Great Slave Lake lies a village that is no more.

Here's how to make the most of a long weekend in the North's Nahanni gateway.