Bank of Toronto Building

Located at 7 Otto Drive on Latham Island, this log cabin is one of Yellowknife's oldest surviving buildings. Built in 1938 as a private residence, the city's Bank of Toronto branch opened here six years later. Allan Lambert, former president and chairman of the Toronto Dominion Bank, cut his teeth as branch manager here. In 1961, the bank outgrew this small building and relocated its commercial operations. Today it is once again a private residence.  

Our Stories

Intriguing tales from Canada's Northwest Territories

Here's how to make the most of a long weekend in the North's Nahanni gateway. 

At the east tip of Great Slave Lake lies a village that is no more.

In Canada’s biggest park, battles for survival are a daily occurrence...